Here's a Summer picture taken at the opening of the Ravenstonedale playground. I love these events and have never lost my childish pleasure of the games of chance and skill that are always present. I do love to win, but a Councillor is expected to hold this in check! No danger here, I seem to remember that I left this stall empty handed!
The Parish Council meeting discussed the proposed extension of the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks. There'd been a question on this at the Cumbria County Council meeting. The Conservative leader firmly declared himself to be against it. Monday's meeting of Orton Parish Council had taken the opposite view. A vote was taken of a substantial number of residents who were all in favour of the scheme and I was interested as to what the view would be from Ravenstonedale. About 30 residents attended and echoed the view of Orton with just one person opting for the status quo i.e. no extension. Can it be that The Conservative/Labour executive of Cumbria County Council is about to once again misjudge the feeling of their residents? I'll go to some more meetings and take soundings after which it may be time to begin talking to Cabinet members.


